Tuesday 29 March 2016

When I decide to kill my library


I love books. I love the smell of books. Even since I could read, I've wanted to read as much as I can from textbooks, library book and of course the Harry Potter series, Twilight series, The Hunger Game series which costed me nights to crave them all.

I was sensible enough to sell the series because I knew that I won't be able to finish them. Other than these popular youth novels, I also love Classics. Charles Dickens, Jane Austen! I have purchased most of their books when they are on sale during the annual book fair and just to hope that ONE DAY I could read them when I have time. Yes, and after all, one day did become a time I have never be able to spare. Books remained on my shelf and turned yellow-ish.

In this minimalism journey (still getting there), I have decided to sell them. I joined Facebook groups which allow me to ensure they go to another book lovers home, and I will give away those which do not sell to a second-hand book store.

Goodbye to my English classics, modern novels, self-help books. I have just killed my library. Since there will not be much space at my new home, I have got myself a kindle paperwhite. At first, it feels different, but since I have never been a book scribbling person, the kindle is just like a lighter form of books which I can carry it everywhere!

Ask yourself:
The books you are about to purchase- Do you really need this book? Are you really going to read it? Do you feel like reading it tonight?

The books on your shelf- Why did you get it? Have you read it? Do you see yourself reading it any time soon like this week?

Second-hand store is always around the corner. Donate and pass your books on to someone who will find value in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment