Tuesday 22 March 2016

Sentimental items

Tackling bits by bits.
Sentimental items are the last thing you should farewell. I have hobbies of letter posting for regular contact and cards for seasonal greetings. I am allowing myself keeping things in one box. If it grows out of it, then I am not keeping it.

First, I am going to deal with my cards. There are all sorts of cards I received, ranging from Birthday card to wedding invites. From year 1 to now. Just imagine the number of cards you revived since you are a child.

Since I have already done a clear out once a year ago, my items are really that much. If this is the first time you are decluttering, I believe your situation looks a lot worse than this.

Minimalising the amount of sentimental items is much harder than I think. I have received a lot of heart warming message from my closed friends ( at that time). Especially the DIY cards are hard to say goodbye to. 


 Though I am only keeping less than 20 of them at last and I will review them in a later time. I think Mininalism is a process which it takes you to review and rethink every items you have. You do not have to just go into a place and throw everything away. Especially the sentimental pile, it makes you understand what yourself have treasured.

In my box I have lots of things such as photographs (which aren't scanned), letters. I am going to try to deal with them in a separate time. Don't rush it through. Enjoy your moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment